Wednesday, May 27, 2015

“Time waits for no one.”

It was just a quotation from a scene in the animated movie “The Girl Who Leapt Through Time”. It was written in Japanese characters in a board with its English translation. As the leading girl stares at the quotation, I stare too and contemplate on its meaning. Time waits for no one. True! It never did. From the simplest wish to avoid being late up to that grandest desire of freezing the last moment I have with my mother. It never waits for me.

And as the leading character gains that ability to travel back in time, I also fancy of the things that will happen when I can have the power too. I also dream of the things I will change and I will keep. How I love to have that control!

But watching as the story unfolds; another famous quote is reiterated in my mind. “For every action there is a corresponding reaction.” Watching the leading character watched someone who has to pay terribly every time for her “time-leap” makes me one with her guilt. Of course, you don’t want messing with other’s life. But what if, it’s the only payment for your longing? You don’t know them anyway. And they don’t know that it’s you. You, who are altering life events just for your own sake. Now, that sounds selfish!

Yes.

The horror in the leading character’s face when her best friend has to die in her place is just appalling.
Do you really need to time-leap? Do you really need to change what has already been destined? Do you have to cheat?

“Time waits for no one.”

As simple as the line is. I guess, we just have to do things right and treat time as the most valuable commodity we ever have.


-gen

No comments:

Post a Comment